Friday, October 15, 2010

Headshots


I'm Monique, and it's been 72 hours since my last headshot. I know, I know!!! They barely look like me anymore! As such, I am packing my gowns, jewelry, and turbans and heading for Richmond, Virginia for new headshots this weekend.


Why Richmond, you may ask? Well, the Puppet wants to see one of his idols (pictured above), appearing this weekend at Richmond Triangle Players. I thought I'd tag along and utilize some confederate stonework as a background for my new photographs. I thought for a while about using a handmade mosaic of my face as my headshot, and I may still go that route in the future, but until then, it occurred to me that my career would be boosted most profitably by subliminal messages regarding the South.


How, you may ask? Well, allow me . . . the South condoned slavery, handcuffs are metal, metallics bring out my complexion, thank you for the compliment. And please don't pass this around on actor message boards or what-not. Before you know it, EVERYONE will have their headshots done astride the Lee Monument, and I cannot bear imitation. I mean, for heaven's sake, Arthur Ashe never leaves Monument Avenue -- you would think that certainly he's had a good shot taken by now!!


I will post my new masterpieces upon my return.




1 comment:

  1. That Madame was an inspiration. I can't wait to do my show at RTP next summer!

    ReplyDelete