Thursday, August 5, 2010

And I Thought Reality TV Was The Problem

I have discovered why it is so hard to get roles nowadays. Surely, if I had moved to NYC in my 20's, the offers would have been pouring in. And certainly, my talent has not waned. So, what is the problem?Puppets. They are taking over and taking roles that should be played by flesh and blood.

I don't know whether you are aware of this, but there is a show that used to be on BROADWAY that is headlined by PUPPETS. And not even whole puppets. Half puppets. No legs. And apparently, no innards. It was shocking and came with absolutely no warning of the graphic nature of the "entertainment." [shudder] [reapply make-up]

I thought perhaps the little buggers had not infiltrated the regional theatre scene, but here they are at my recent audition. And look at my so-called friend right there in the middle chatting up the wannabees. Revolting!!! Personally, I feel, if you want to kiss up to someone, you should pick someone who can move and speak without a hand up their nether regions. Call me bigoted; it's just how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment